The Classics and Archaeology Major consists of 10 courses selected from the following categories. Please refer to the LMU Bulletin for a complete list of course offerings.
- Language (1 course)
- Methodology (1 course)
- Survey of the Ancient World (1 course)
- Myth, Philosophy, Religion and Science (1 course)
- Art and Archaeology (1 course)
- Interdisciplinary (1 course and capstone)
- Electives (3 courses)
- Capstone Requirement (1 course at 4xxx level + 2 semester hours for research skills and Capstone presentation - Capstone requires a 5,000 word thesis)
*Per our department policy, lower division courses require 10 pages of original critical writing work (3,000 words), and upper division courses require a total of 15 pages of original critical writing work (4,500 words). Courses with writing flags require 30 pages of original critical writing work (9,000 words). Our capstone courses include a 5,000-word (16-17 pages) thesis.
For further assistance with planning your courses and fulfilling all major and University Core requirements, please visit the BCLA Advising Center.
The Classics and Archaeology Minor consists of 4 courses, at least two of which must be at the upper division level. Please refer to the LMU Bulletin for a complete list of course offerings.
Interested in adding a Classics & Archaeology Major or Minor?
Below are some resources to help you navigate the process:
- Book an appointment with the BCLA Advising Center
- Meet with Dr. Caroline Sauvage, the Classics & Archaeology faculty advisor. Dr. Sauvage has office hours on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 2–3pm and other times by appointment. Please contact her directly to set up a meeting: Caroline.Sauvage@lmu.edu