- To enable students to develop a sociological imagination.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the unique perspective of sociology.
- Describe how social structure affects groups and individuals.
- To enable rigorous analysis of social phenomena using sociological concepts, frameworks, and methodologies.
- Apply theoretical frameworks used in sociology.
- Transform a problem of interest into a researchable question.
- Evaluate methodologies used in sociological research.
- To encourage the development of engaged, thoughtful individuals capable of applying a sociological perspective to address social problems.
- Use sociological information to critically analyze contemporary social issues and/or problems.