Dr. Genovese's Work
Leadership Matters: Unleashing the Power of Paradox, with Thomas Cronin, Paradigm, 2012.
- Building Tomorrow’s Leaders, Today: Developing Polymath Leaders for a Changing World Routledge, 2014.
- The Presidency and Domestic Leadership, with William W. Lammers and Todd Belt, Paradigm, 2014.
- Shakespeare’s Politics, ed. with Bruce Altschuler, Paradigm, 2013.
- A Presidential Nation: Causes, Consequence, and Cures, Westview, 2013.
- The Paradoxes of the American Presidency, Fourth Edition, with Thomas Cronin, Oxford University Press, 2013.
- Woman as Political Leaders, ed. with Janie Steckenrider, Taylor and Francis, 2013.
- Me and Mach: Food Fit for The Prince, 2012. Also published electronically for Amazon Kindle.
- Leadership Matters: Unleashing the Power of Paradox, with Thomas Cronin, Paradigm, 2012.
- Watergate Remembered: The Legacy for American Politics, ed. with Iwan Morgan, Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- Contending Approaches to the American Presidency, CQ Press, 2011.
- The Presidential Dilemma, Revisited, Transaction, 2011.
- Presidential Prerogative, Stanford University Press, 2011.
- Corruption and American Politics, ed. With Victoria Farrar Meyers, Cambria, 2010.
- The Encyclopedia of the American Presidency, 2nd Ed ed. Facts on File, 2010.
- The Federalist Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
- Leadership and the Liberal Arts: Achieving the Promise of a Liberal Education, ed. With J. Thomas Wren and Ronald E. Riggio, Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
- The Encyclopedia of American Government 3 Volumes, ed. with Lori Cox Han, New York: Facts-on-File, 2008.
- Leadership and Politics, ed. with Lori Cox Han, Praeger, 2008.
- Catholics and Politics, ed. with Kirsten Heyer, Georgetown University Press, 2008.
- Memo to a New President: The Art and Science of Presidential Leadership, Oxford University Press, 2008.
- The Presidency and the Challenge of Democracy, ed. with Lori Cox Han, Palgrave Macmillan, 2006.
- The Presidential Dilemma, New York: Longman, 2003, Second Edition
- The Constitution and the Presidency, (with Robert Spitzer) Palgrave, 2005
- The Paradoxes of the American Presidency (co-authored with Thomas E. Cronin), New York: Oxford University Press, Third Edition 2010.
- Polls and Politics: the Democratic Dilemma ed. with Matt Streb, New York: SUNY Press, 2004.
- The Power of the American Presidency, 1789-2000, New York: Oxford University Press, 2000.
- The Presidency and the Law: The Clinton Legacy, (ed. with David Grey Adler) Lawrence, University Press of Kansas, 2002.
- The Presidency and Domestic Policy: Comparing Leadership Styles, FDR to Clinton (with William W. Lammers), Washington D.C.: Congressional Quarterly Press, 2000.
- The Watergate Crisis, Westport, Ct.: Greenwood Press, 1999.
- The Political Film, New York: Simon & Schuster, 1998.
- The Presidency in an Age of Limits, Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group, 1993.
- Women as National Leaders (edited), Newbury, CA: Sage Publishing, 1993.
- The Nixon Presidency: Power and Politics in Turbulent Times, Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group, 1990.
- Politics and Cinema: An Introduction to Political Films, Lexington, MA: Ginn Press, 1986.
- The Supreme Court, The Constitution, and Presidential Power, Washington: University Press of America, 1980.
Expert Discusses Bill That Ended Partial Shutdown, Raised Debt Ceiling
Professor Michael Genovese of Loyola Marymount University appeared on KCAL9 News on Saturday morning to discuss the deal reached in the wake of the partial government shutdown.
How Sandy’s Aftermath Could Impact The Presidential Election « CBS Los Angeles
Dr. Michael Genovese from Loyola Marymount University appeared on KCAL9 News on Saturday morning with the latest on the presidential race.
Political Expert Weighs In On Upcoming Final Presidential Debate
Professor Michael Genovese from Loyola Marymount University appeared on KCAL9 News on Saturday morning to discuss the latest in Campaign 2012.
Political Expert Weighs In On First Presidential Debate
Professor Michael Genovese of Loyola Marymount University appeared on KCAL9 News on Saturday morning with the latest in Campaign 2012.
New Course Explores Politics of Food
Everyone has to eat to live, but how often do you think about the policy and politics behind the food you’re putting in your mouth? A new course called “Food Politics” at Loyola Marymount University does just that by examining politics, culture and the world through the lens of food.
Why it’s So Rare for Presidents to be Breakthrough Leaders
Presidential scholar Thomas Cronin, a former White House Fellow and president emeritus of Whitman College, is the author or co-author of a dozen books on politics, government and the presidency. His latest book, Leadership Matters , was written with Michael A. Genovese, director of the Institute for Leadership Studies at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles. The book, praised by historian Doris Kearns Goodwin as “an absolute tour-de-force,” focuses on how effective leaders navigate the inherent contradictions and paradoxes of leadership. Cronin spoke with Vincent Bzdek, the Washington Post’s deputy national political editor, about leadership in the context of the presidential election.
Political Expert Weighs In On Sen. Lugar's Defeat In Republican Primary
Professor Michael Genovese of Loyola Marymount University appeared on KCAL9 News on Saturday morning to discuss the latest in Campaign 2012.
Survey: America’s Voters Becoming More Divided
A new survey from the Pew Research Center finds that America's voters are becoming more divided. Professor Michael Genovese from Loyola Marymount University appeared on KCAL9 News to discuss this and more.
First Lady Michelle Obama Campaigning In Southern California
Professor Michael Genovese of Loyola Marymount University appeared on KCAL9 News at 8 a.m. on Saturday to discuss the latest in Campaign 2012.
GOP race drags on
The race to become the Republican nominee for U.S. president has been plodding along at a snail's pace and many party faithful see no end in sight, CBC's Keith Boag reports
Will Romney Make The Leap To Capture The Nomination?
Professor Michael Genovese of Loyola Marymount University discusses the latest in Campaign 2012.
Brokered convention spells doom for Republican hopes
Daily News Los Angeles: 03/07/2012 05:34:15 PM PST
KPCC - Presidential Pensions
Campaign 2012: Political Science Professor Offers Insight
Mitt Romney is expected to inch his way just a bit closer to the nomination after Saturday. That's according to LMU Professor of Political Science Michael Genovese.
Talks of Secession
Obama’s Second Inauguration
Academy Awards Discussion/Prediction
Discussion of Christie’s Proposal to Curb gun Violence