to express the joy we feel as brothers and to renew our commitment to move towards full communion…
May our meeting be a sign and an encouragement for us to share the same sentiments and the
same attitudes of fraternity, cooperation and communion in charity and truth.
and Pope Benedict XVI, November 2006
The Huffington Ecumenical Institute at Loyola Marymount University follows the pioneering work of Patriarchs and Popes during the last forty years in rapprochement between the Churches of Constantinople and Rome. The goals of the Institute are:
- to promote the unity of the Orthodox and Catholic Churches
- to provide opportunities for fraternal encounters between these two faith communities
- to provide resources and forums for reflective and frank ecumenical discussion and dialogue at local, regional, national and international levels
- to foster ecclesial and academic interest and leadership in constructive ecumenism
- to build a leading collection of library resources in the areas of ecumenism and Orthodox theology
Current activities of the Huffington Ecumenical Institute include lectures and the annual Huffington Ecumenical Symposium, as well as strengthening our service to the Catholic and canonical Orthodox Churches of all jurisdictions throughout the region, enriching the holdings of the Loyola Marymount University library in the areas of ecumenism and Orthodox theology, and publishing the proceedings of the Huffington Symposia.
March 12, 2016
Loyola Marymount University
For more information about activities, events, and plans for the Huffington Ecumenical Institute, please contact: Fr. Dn. Nicholas Denysenko (Director) at 310.568.6235 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Katherine Lash Brown (Coordinator) at 310.338.1917 or email@example.com.