LMU shelters the Omega of California chapter of The Phi Beta Kappa Society (PBK). Founded on Dec. 5, 1776, PBK is the nation's most prestigious academic honor society. It has chapters at 287 colleges and universities in the United States, 50 alumni associations, and more than half a million members worldwide. Noteworthy members include 17 U.S. Presidents, 41 U.S. Supreme Court Justices and more than 140 Nobel Laureates. The mission of PBK is to champion education in the liberal arts and sciences, foster freedom of thought, and recognize academic excellence. Visit LMU's official PBK chapter page here.
Learn more about the installation of PBK at LMU in the news articles below:
- LMU Newsroom: Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society Selects Loyola Marymount University for New Chapter
- LMU This Week: Phi Beta Kappa Chapter Coming to LMU
- Letter to the LMU Community from Executive Vice President and Provost Thomas Poon, Ph.D.: LMU Selected to Shelter Chapter of Phi Beta Kappa
- The Phi Beta Kappa Society: Loyola Marymount University
- Bellarmine News: Phi Beta Kappa Installment and Induction Ceremony