Beginning in the academic year 2015-16, the Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts implemented a shared governance system which includes the constitution of BCLA standing committees as set out in the BCLA Shared Governance Bylaws. The five standing committees include:
- Committee on Student Engagement and Success
- Curriculum & Assessment Committee
- Faculty Development Committee
- Faculty Review Committee
- Graduate Studies Committee
The custom in BCLA has been that College standing committee members serve for two-year terms, with the exception of the Faculty Review Committee whose members served for a three-year term. Members of each committee are nominated and elected in accordance with established procedures.
Early in fall semester, the BCLA standing committee members will coordinate their meeting times for the academic year. They will also take up the work of constructing their committee's bylaws, and proposing a plan for staggering terms of members of each committee to the College Council. The standing committee's chair will be elected at their first meeting.
We are very pleased to share the results of our recent elections for BCLA standing committees under the shared governance system.
- For 2023-24 BCLA Committees, charges, and memberships, visit College Council Committees Membership Lists 2023-24.
- For committees' constitutions, charges, election process, etc., consult BCLA Shared Governance Bylaws.