BCLA GLOBAL IMMERSION CREATIVE WORKS CONTEST 2019
ENTER BY April 5, 2019* TO WIN $50 GIFTCARD
Start your entry by filling out this form. An invite to a box folder will then be provided to you via email where you can upload your creative works (photos, videos, and written pieces).
1. To enter the Global Immersion Contest, the entrant must be a Loyola Marymount University student enrolled in a BCLA Global Immersion Course in Spring 2019.
2. Each entry must be the original work of the student, who went on the global immersion trip.
3. Each student may submit multiple entries.
4. Entries may not contain the following: alcohol, drugs, or any kind of illegal or inappropriate behavior. Entries that contain any inappropriate material will be disqualified.
5. Successful entries will tell the story of the immersion experience through photos, video and written pieces such as articles, stories, or poems. Themes could include but are not limited to: touring, exploring, as well as conversations and interviews; documenting iconic buildings, art, landscapes, and landmarks; thoughtful selfies and student interactions with the community; compelling pieces that tell the story of your experience.
6. One winner will be selected in each category (Photo, Video, Written Piece).
7. Prizes: One winner per category will receive a $50 Amazon giftcard.
8. Entries will be judged by the BCLA Dean's Office staff. Entries will be judged on content, artistic expression, creativity and originality, and the quality of the piece. All decisions of the judges are final. The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries which do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria.
9. Winners will be announced on BCLA social media and website. Contest winners will be notified by e-mail.
10. Winners and other submissions may be used in BCLA stories about the immersion trips, web and print promotional materials, social media, and other outlets.
11. By submitting a piece, entrants are agreeing to grant the Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use, re-use, publish, and re-publish the pieces in displays related to the contest; in LMU printed and electronic publications and in conjunction with any copyrighted matter, in any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, promotion, art, advertising and trade, news, informational and educational purposes and to copyright the same, under its original name or otherwise. The student thereby releases and discharges the University from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the photos, including without limitation any and all claims for invasion of privacy.
12. Start your entry by filling out this form and once completed an invite to a box folder will be provided to you via email where you can upload up to four entries. All creative works must be uploaded to the box folder by April 5, 2019* at 11:59PM. Each entry must be titled using this format: Last Name_Title of Piece_Global Immersion Destination
* Based on the dates of the Global Immersion Course traveling to Japan, the deadline for these entries will be extended to May 28, 2019.