Preparing for Registration
1st Year Students
All first-year students (Fall 2020 admits) are required to attend an advising workshop before spring registration to plan their courses and to successfully navigate their degree program. An Advisor Hold will be placed on your PROWL account if you do not attend a workshop. Freshmen/First-year students RSVP here. Transfer students RSVP here. To join the zoom session, please click on the following link: https://lmula.zoom.us/j/93949622129
New and Continuing Students
1. IDENTIFY YOUR REGISTRATION DATE & TIME:
- Check your registration appointment on PROWL (time and date you register) in advance. Your registration appointment or permit to register is not an advisement appointment—it is the time you will log on to PROWL to register for your classes online.
- Registration appointments are assigned based on the number of units you have completed (not including the units that are currently in-progress).
- Date & time assignments are made available in the Registration Interface (found in PROWL) roughly two weeks before the priority registration date.
2. CHECK FOR HOLDS:
- Check registration holds on your PROWL account to ensure that you can register during your assigned date and time. Holds are listed on the same page as your assigned registration appointment date.
- If you have holds, please contact the appropriate office and have them removed prior to your registration appointment to avoid any issues when trying to register for your courses.
- Holds can be placed throughout the registration period, so we recommend that you check for them regularly.
3. REVIEW YOUR DEGREE WORKS REPORT AND PLAN YOUR COURSES:
- Review your Degree Works report to review your remaining major, core and flag requirements. If you are a transfer student and anything appears to be missing, you can be ready to discuss this in your meeting with your faculty advisor.
- Use the BCLA Major/Minor Worksheets along with Degree Works to create a draft of the courses you are looking to take. You are also able to browse classes in PROWL before your registration appointment to assist you with drafting your schedule. We also recommend that you create a back up schedule in the event that some courses are filled by the time your registration date and time comes around.
4. MEET WITH YOUR FACULTY ADVISOR OR ATTEND A GROUP ADVISING SESSION:
- NEW STUDENTS: 1st Year Students are required to attend a group advising workshop before registration to plan their courses and to successfully navigate their degree program. Freshmen/First-year students RSVP here. Transfer students RSVP here.
- CONTINUING STUDENTS: Schedule an appointment with assigned faculty advisor before your registration appointment. To locate your assigned faculty advisor, go to Degree Works.
5. REGISTER FOR CLASSES:
- On your assigned registration date and time, register for courses by going to myLMU >PROWL>Student Services>Registration>Register for Classes. Keep in mind that you can add yourself to a waitlist if your desired course is closed and if a waitlist option is available. However, we recommend that you settle your schedule as soon as possible to ensure a successful semester.