Latino/a Theology and Ministry Initiative
Please refresh each page for the most up to date information, we apologize for the inconvenience.
¡Bienvenidas y bienvenidos!
The LMU Latino/a Theology and Ministry Initiative (LLTM) emerged from a need to assess and then respond to the large population of Hispanic Catholics in the United States and is a joint project of the Department of Theological Studies and the Center for Religion and Spirituality.
As a Catholic university in the largest Catholic archdiocese in the country, LMU is uniquely situated to gather data and marshal resources that will aid in preparing Latino/a Catholics for leadership and service in the Church. As the Hispanic Catholic population continues to grow, LMU seeks to grow in the capacity to truly serve this important community in the Body of Christ.
- 2014 National Symposium on Catholic Hispanic Ministry: LMU Theological Studies Graduate Internship: We would like to congratulate and welcome the following LMU Theology Graduate Students and Alumni who have been selected to intern at the National Symposium on Catholic Hispanic Ministry.
Magalí Del Bueno
Marisól Gaytán Escobar
Upcoming Events, Save these Dates!
Picturing Paradise/Destellos Del Paraiso: Cuadros from the Peruvian Women of Pamplona Alta as Visions of Hope
- Exhibit/ Exhibición: March 10 - June 27, 2014 in the William H. Hannon Library, Loyola Marymount University.
- Annual Charles S. Casassa Chair of Catholic Social Values Lecture: "The Francis Factor: Anthropological Reflections on the the Contemporary Church" with Gerald A. Arbuckle, S.M. | September 25, 2014 | Ahamnson Auditorium, University Hall 1000 | 4:00 PM
- The Fourth Annual Hispanic Ministry and Theology Lecture with Fr. Virgilio P. Elizondo, S.T.D, Ph.D., Endowed Professor of Hispanic and Pastoral Theology and Fellow for the Institute for Latino Studies and Kellogg Institute at the University of Notre Dame | October 12, 2014 | Location and Time TBA.
- Vatican II @ 50: Symposium on Thursday, October 10, 2013.
- The Third Annual Hispanic Ministry & Theology Lecture: "Angels, Saints and Sinners: Béisbol, Baseball and Ethics" with Dr. Carmen Nanko-Fernández | Sunday, September 29, 2013.
- The Annual Charles S. Casassa Chair of Catholic Social Values Lecture: "Images of Self & Society: A Cultural Battleground" with Fr. Michael Paul Gallagher, S.J. | Wednesday, September 18, 2013.
- El Catolicismo Latino en EE.UU. y la Nueva Evangelización: Actualidades y Oportunidades con Dr. Tim Matovina | Viernes, 16 de Noviembre, 2012.
- The Annual Charles S. Casassa Chair of Catholic Social Values Lecture: Latino Contributions to Vatican II Renewal with Dr. Tim Matovina | Thursday, November 15, 2012.
- Misa de la Herencia Latina | 14 de Octubre, Misa Celebrada en Español. Recepción en Chapel of the Sacred Heart en Loyola Marymount University.
- Vatican II at 50 Symposium| Identity and Mission of the Church-- The Church in the Third Millennium | October 11, 2012.
- "Beyond the Polarized Present: New Perspectives on U.S. Latino Migration and Christianity," the Second Annual Hispanic Ministry and Theology Lecture by Casassa Professor, Fr. Allan Figueroa Deck, S.J. on October 4, 2012.
- '"Greater America": The Hispanic Mission and the New Evangelization," the Inaugural Annual Hispanic Ministry and Theology Lecture by Archbishop José Gómez, on October 11, 2011.
- "Latino Catholics in L.A.: Mythsm Realities, and Possibilities," with Bishop Gabino Zavala, and respondents Dr. Fernando Guerra, Dr. Hosffman Ospnio, and Ellie Hidalgo, M.A. on October 7, 2010.
In the near future our website will be available in Spanish. Thank you for your patience.
Pronto este sitio de internet estará disponible en español. Gracias por su paciencia.
Contact Us At:
Attn: Latino/a Theology and Ministry Initiative
1 LMU Drive, Suite 1863
Loyola Marymount University
Los Angeles, CA 90045