Nicholas Canfield Read Brown
Department of Theological Studies
Loyola Marymount University
1 LMU Drive, Suite 3700
Los Angeles, Ca 90045
- Doctor of Philosophy, Center for Advanced Theological Studies, Fuller Seminary, 2015
- Master of Arts, Summa Cum Laude, School of International Service, The American University, 2003
- Master of Theological Studies, Magna Cum Laude, Wesley Theological Seminary, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, Department of Political Science, Northwestern College, 1999
- “On Hollowed Ground (?): The Ambivalent Territoriality of Justin’s and Irenaeus’ Interpretations of the Kingdom of God.” The Other Journal (forthcoming)
- “Separated by a Common Language: The Pre-Modern Roots of Pope John Paul II’s and Emmanuel Levinas’s Post-Modern Personalism.” Studies in Christian-Jewish Relations Journal (forthcoming).
- “Diachronicity and Temporal Aporias: An Eschatological Re-Reading of Toni Morrison and James Baldwin.” Black Theology: An International Journal (forthcoming).
- “The Ground on Which We Stand: Re-reading Wolterstorff’s Justice through the Territorial Lens of Israel’s Covenant.” Anamnesis: A Journal for the Study of Tradition, Place and ‘Things Divine’ (forthcoming).
- “Toward a Methodology and Public Discourse of Christological Concreteness: Lessons from a Discussion of Health Care Rationing in the United States.” International Journal of Public Theology, 6.3 (2012).
- “Un-Manned?: The Bodily Harms, Moral Injuries and Moral Valor of Drone Warfare” In The Future of Drone Use: Opportunities and Challenges From Legal and Ethical Perspectives. Springer Publishing Company (forthcoming).
- “On Hollowed Ground (?): The Ambivalent Territoriality of Justin’s and Irenaeus’ Interpretations of the Kingdom of God.” In Rooted and Grounded: Essays on Land and Christian Discipleship. Herald Press (forthcoming).
- “Sodomy.” In The Dictionary of Scripture and Ethics (DSE). Edited by Joel B. Green, Jacqueline E. Lapsley, Rebekah Miles and Allen Verhey. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Brazos Press, November (2011).
- “Peace and Peacemaking.” In The Cambridge Dictionary of Christianity. Edited by Daniel Patte. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Review of Dewi Hughes, Poverty and Power: Divine and Human Rule in World of Need. Biblical Theological Bulletin: A Journal of Bible and Theology. November 40.4 (2010): 236-237.
- “On Hollowed Ground (?): The Ambivalent Territoriality of Justin’s and Irenaeus’ Interpretations of the Kingdom of God” Presentation at “Rooted and Grounded: A Conference on Land and Christian Faith”, Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary, Elkhart, IN, September 2014.
- “The Ground on Which We Stand: Re-reading the Virtue of Justice through the Territorial Lens of Israel’s Covenant” Presentation at the Society of Christian Philosophers Midwest Region Conference, Conway, AR, March 2012.
- “Interpreting from the Interstices: The Role of Justice in a Liberal Democracy – Lessons from Michael Walzer and Emmanuel Levinas.” Presentation at the Annual Conference of the Association of Jewish Studies, Washington, D.C., December 2011.