Department of Theological Studies
Loyola Marymount University
1 LMU Drive, Suite 3700
Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Religion, Claremont Graduate University, May 2011 (Dual Concentration in Women Studies in Religion and Theology, Ethics, and Culture). Recipient of the Margo Goldsmith Fellowship
- Master of Arts in Religious Studies, John Carroll University, August 2007 (Dual Concentration in Biblical Studies and Theology). Recipient of Religious Studies Research Assistantship
- Master of Business Administration, University of Findlay, June 2003 (Dual Concentration in Organizational Leadership and Marketing)
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, Cleveland State University, August 2001 (Certificate in Criminology)
- Rape Culture and Spiritual Violence. Religion and Violence Series. Equinox Publishing, Forthcoming, 2013.
- Feminism and Religion in the Twenty-First Century: Utilizing Technology to Expand Borders, (co-edited with Rosemary Radford Ruether). Routledge, Forthcoming, 2013.
- “Just Business: Theological Business Ethics,” Forthcoming.
- “A Feminist Theological Perspective on Genocide and the Responsibility to Protect,” Forthcoming.
- “Rape and Spiritual Death,” Feminist Theology. January, 2012.
- “Women and Blogging: Exercising the Thealogy of Carol Christ.” Journal of Religion and Popular Culture. July, 2011.
- “Women Blogging Theology,” in Messina-Dysert, Gina and Rosemary Radford Ruether (ed.) Feminism and Religion in the 21st Century: Utilizing Technology to Expand Borders. Routledge, Forthcoming, 2013.
- “Is God Absent on Grey Street?: Theodicy, Domestic Violence, and the Dave Matthews Band,” in Beaudoin, Thomas. (ed.) Rock and Theology. Liturgical Press, Forthcoming, 2013.
- “Globalization” in Roof, Wade Clark and Mark Juergensmeyer. (ed.) The Encyclopedia of Global Religions. Sage Publications, 2011.
- “World Church Service” in Roof, Wade Clark and Mark Juergensmeyer. (ed.) The Encyclopedia of Global Religions. Sage Publications, 2011.
- Women and the Vatican: An Exploration of Official Documents, by Ivy Helman (Maryknoll: Orbis Books, 2012), reviewed in Religion and Gender, Forthcoming.
- Weep Not For Your Children: Essays on Religion and Violence, by Lisa Isherwood and Rosemary Radford Ruether (London: Equinox, 2008), reviewed in Journal of Theology and Sexuality, Forthcoming.
- Women and Redemption: A Theological History, by Rosemary Radford Ruether (Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2011), reviewed on Feminism and Religion, October, 2011.
- Relational Reality: New Discoveries of Interrelatedness that are Transforming the Modern World, by Charlene Spretnak (Topsham, ME: Green Horizon Books, 2011), reviewed on Feminism and Religion, September, 2011.
- 15 Days of Prayer with Henri Nouwen, by Robert Waldron (Hyde Park, NY: New City Press, 2009), reviewed in The Religious Studies Review. December, 2010.
- Christian Insight Meditation: Following in the Footsteps of John of the Cross, by Mary Jo Meadow (Boston: Wisdom Publications, 2007), reviewed in The Religious Studies Review. December, 2010.
- “No Women Need Apply,” in Lane, Erin and Enuma Okoro. (ed.) I Speak for Myself: American Women on Being Christian. White Cloud Press, Forthcoming.
- “Feminist Family Values,” American Mothers Magazine, August, 2012.
- “Violence Against Pregnant Women: Intervention and Education through Faith-Based Leadership in Rural Communities,” American Mothers Magazine, March, 2012.
- “Bolivian President Evo Morales Says Clean Water is a Basic Human Right,” Los Angeles Examiner, March 26, 2010.
- “Religious Illiteracy: We are a Nation of Jay-Walkers,” Los Angeles Examiner, March 9, 2010.
- “Republican Stance on Health Care Reform Inconsistent with Christianity,” Los Angeles Examiner, March 2, 2010.
- “Thumpin’ It: Exploiting the Bible in the Political Arena,” Los Angeles Examiner, February 24, 2010.
PRESS AND MEDIA APPEARANCES OR INTERVIEWS
- “Remarkable Women Series,” KFWB News Talk Radio 980 AM, September, 2012.
- Emily Schuck, “Exploring the F-word in Religion,” The Claremont Flame Magazine, June, 2012.
- Susan Warmbrunn, “Writing Wrongs” Scripps College Magazine, Summer 2011.
- Global Goddess, Banner Caswell Productions, Inc., May, 2011.
- Megan Odell-Scott, “Alumni Corner,” Illuminations: A Newsletter by and for Theology and Religious Studies Graduate Students, Fall 2010.