36 semester hours
A. Lower Division Requirements: 4 courses (12 semester hours)
1. Students must take two of the following three courses: POLS 135, 155, and 165.
2. Students must take POLS 210 and 220.
3. An average grade of C (2.0) must be obtained in these courses.
B. Upper Division Requirements: 6 courses (24 semester hours)
1. Students must take at least one 500-level seminar.
2. An average grade of C (2.0) must be obtained in courses included in the major.
C. Additional Requirements
1. Students must take at least one course in each of the four subfields:
(These courses can be completed at the upper or lower division level)
2. Only 3 or 4 semester hour courses satisfy the subfield requirement.
3. Students must take at least four 4 semester hour courses to complete the major.
Students who attain a GPA of 3.6 of higher, both overall and in the major, are automatically eligible to enroll in the Honors Seminar (POLS 581) in the Fall of their senior year and write an Honors Thesis (POLS 591) in the Spring of their senior year. Other students may be invited to pursue Honors by the faculty. The Honors Seminar is a prerequisite for the Honors Thesis. Students who attain a grade of A- or higher for the Honors Thesis will graduate with Honors in Political Science. Both the Honors Seminar and Honors Thesis count toward the 24 semester hours of upper division course work required of majors.