HuffPost Voces Intern
Business Huffington Post Media Group
Market Location US - California - Beverly Hills
HuffPost Voces (www.huffpostvoces.com) is seeking an intern in Los Angeles to join the editorial team and work directly with the site’s editors.
This position is a unique development opportunity for a college-level student interested in bringing their passion for "cultura latina" to life, utilizing work, planning and critical thinking skills learned in college and applying them to the challenges of a real world, media company setting.
The intern will be a key member of a team dedicated to providing authentic voices and views to today’s US Hispanic communities. The intern will be fully integrated into the editorial team, supporting and executing programming initiatives that resonate with Spanish-dominant and bicultural US Hispanics. The intern will also act on social distribution efforts, and will develop relationships with internal and external constituencies, including important content partners.
The position is based in Los Angeles at about 20 hours/week at $10/hr.
• Perfect Spanish fluency as a minimum, bilingual fluency preferred (English/Spanish); is an avid participant in Latin culture
• Rising Sophomore, Junior, and 1st year Grad student focused on Journalism, or Communications
• Demonstrated interest and hands' on experience with online media & web site programming
• Superior communications skills, both oral and written
• Well organized, able to multi-task, able to prioritize with minimal direction
• Able to follow up with project partners to ensure accurate and timely completion of deliverables, strong organizational skills
• Good oral and written communication skills, fluent in PowerPoint, Excel and Word, basic HTML code experience. Can quickly learn how to work with online publishing and photo editing software, works well with data and metrics
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
To apply, please send cover letter, resume/CV, dates of availablity, and preferred location to firstname.lastname@example.org