Important Campus Web Sites to Get You Started


  • Payroll Services

    Please call or visit the Payroll Office (310-338-2713; University Hall 1880) to make sure your tax forms have been received and processed to ensure timely issuance of your first paycheck.

  • Direct deposit is available to all faculty upon completion of an authorization form (note that one full pay period must pass before the automatic deposit process is finalized).




  • General Information

    Your OneCard is your office key and should also allow you access to your departmental mail/copy room and kitchen. Please see your Administrative Assistant if these doors do not open. You may need to have your card updated in the Campus Business Services Office (Lower Level, Von Der Ahe Building). 







Note: There are special gated parking areas for faculty. You need to activate your OneCard to access them. Contact Public Safety for more information!

Part-time faculty are currently unable to obtain parking registration before the first day of class. The permit application can be found online in the PROWL system, under “Faculty Services.”




Note: The University observes the following holidays:

  • In Fall semester, Labor Day (Monday), Autumn Day (Friday of Week 7, in October) , Thanksgiving (Wednesday-Friday) and Christmas Break
  • In Spring semester, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Monday), Spring Break (Monday-Friday after Week 7), and Easter (Wednesday-Friday)
  • In Summer terms, Memorial Day (Monday) and Independence Day (July 4).




  • Online textbook Adoptions via efollett (also accessible via under the ‘Faculty Services’ heading)
  • Note: If this is your first time using the online adoption tool, click on ‘Register Here’, supply the requested information and enter 827 in the ‘Institution Supplied Password’ field
  • You will need an email address and password to login
  • If you encounter any problems, contact Robert Smith, Textbook Manager at 310.338.7442
  • You should visit the bookstore in the Von Der Ahe Building (Basement Level) before classes begin to ensure all your course materials are available to the students.




  • Search the catalog at
  • Services for Faculty
  • Loan Periods/Check Out Limits
  • Note: Your OneCard is your library card. To access online databases and electronic materials off campus, you must login to your library account using your myLMU username/password, or the name and barcode number on the back of your OneCard. You may also access the Faculty Commons on the library’s 3rd floor with your OneCard.
  • There are two interlibrary loan services: LINK+ and ILLiad.
  • If a part-time faculty member has been teaching at the university and will be teaching again in the following fall semester, the library will extend his/her borrowing privileges through the summer term. Once the Fall semester begins, however, his/her borrowing privileges will need to be renewed again. Contact Rose Marie Mendoza ( for more information and assistance with this process.
  • Information about the library’s electronic reserve system, ERes, is featured below, in the Technology section.







  • LMU Resource Card (a helpful list of who you should call to report complaints and to ask about a variety of issues on campus.)
  • Campus Directory. Note: This is the public campus directory. To access the private Faculty+Staff Directory you must login to MyLMU, click ‘Quick Links’ near the search box and then ‘Directory Search’




The Burns Recreation Center, which features activity studios, gymnasiums, a fitness center, an Olympic-sized outdoor swimming pool, locker rooms and an on-site pro-shop, offers gym memberships to contingent faculty members. For more information on eligibility and rates, please contact the Member Services office at 310.338.1720.



Tool Box


Print  print

RSS Feed  RSS feed

Email  email  

Bookmark and Share  share