2014 Huffington Ecumenical Symposium
February 21-22, 2014
Loyola Marymount University
The Huffington Ecumenical Institute hosted the 2014 Huffington Ecumenical Symposium, “From the rising of the sun to its setting: Chant and Contemporary Liturgical Music, East and West,” which featured Cappella Romana, the renowned vocal chamber ensemble directed by Dr. Alexander Lingas, Lecturer in Music at the City University of London. Lectures, workshops, worship, and fellowship were also included in the programming.
Featured Lecturers included:
- Antonio Alonso, Emory University
- Mark Bailey, Yale University
- John Michael Boyer, Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology
- Margot Fassler, University of Notre Dame
- John Flaherty, Loyola Marymount University
- His Eminence, Metropolitan Gerasimos, Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco
- Richard Hilgartner, Office of Divine Worship, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Alexander Lingas, University of Oxford, City University London
- Dolores Martinez, St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church, San Antonio, TX
- Carolyn Ramzy, University of Toronto
- Anthony Ruff, St. John's University
The Huffington Ecumenical Institute is grateful to the Virginia H. Farah Foundation (www.farahfoundation.org) and the Henry Luce Foundation (www.hluce.org) for their generous support of the Institute’s 2013-2015 spring symposia on the liturgical arts.
For more information about the 2014 Symposium or to be placed on the mailing list for future HEI events, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-338-1917.