Information for Entering Students
Collecting Your Awarded Financial Aid
Understanding your Financial Aid Award
Financial Aid & Living Off Campus – Graduate Students
Eligibility for Student Health Services:
- The linked page explains that graduate students using SHS pay a $50 fee per semester. Many services are free, but certain things like lab work, x-rays, prescriptions, etc. cost extra.
- All full-time students (enrolled in six or more units) are eligible to receive services at SHS.
About Student Health Insurance:
- Relevant excerpts from the linked page are below… Note that students with 7+ credits are required to have a plan, but all full-time students are eligible to buy into the plan. Graduate students taking 6 credit hours or more per semester are considered full-time.
- LMU requires all full-time graduate and undergraduate students (enrolled in seven units or more) to have health insurance in case of the need for surgery, hospitalization, specialty medical care, or other services outside the scope of Student Health Services.
- The LMU endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan provided by Aetna provides coverage for both accident and/or a sickness. All full-time students are automatically enrolled in this plan. Students who have a personal or family health insurance plan may waive out of this plan option.
- The LMU student health insurance plan annual premium is $1,360 and the coverage period is from August 1, 2013 to July 31, 2014.
- For answers to the most frequently asked questions about the LMU student health insurance plan, please see Frequently Asked Questions.
Health Care-Related Contacts:
For questions about the health insurance plan, contact:
Aetna Student Health at 877-409-7356, or visit http://www.aetnastudenthealth.com/
For questions about payment, contact:
Student Accounts at 310-338-2711, or visit http://www.lmu.edu/about/services/controller/osfs/studentaccounts.htm