*The Master of Arts and Graduate Certificate programs follow the same application process and admission criteria.
- Baccalaureate degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
Applicants for admission to any of the Bioethics Institute's graduate programs should submit each of the materials listed below; once all of these materials have been received, applicants will be contacted to schedule a personal interview.
- A Graduate Division Application
- Two copies of all post-secondary transcripts (submission of transcripts may be waived for applicants with terminal graduate degrees)
- Test scores from the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (waived for applicants who already have a terminal graduate degree)
- Two letters of recommendation from persons acquainted with the applicant’s professional and academic background
- A personal statement, of no more than four, typed, single-spaced pages, addressing the following three areas:
- 1. The applicant’s academic and/or professional background;
- 2. Why the applicant wishes to pursue graduate studies in bioethics at LMU; and
- 3. How the applicant intends to use the degree or certificate after graduation
- Short essay response to a selected academic article (details forthcoming)
- A $50.00 fee
International Students Only:
In addition to the above materials, international students are required to submit the items listed below as part of their application. Details about each of these requirements are available on the Graduate Division's International Students Admission Requirements page.
- A transcript evaluation
- Scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- SEVIS I-20 Request Form
All materials for admission must be received in the Graduate Admission Office by the dates listed below.
- March 1, 2014 for the Fall 2014 semester
- February 1, 2015 for Summer 2015 session
- March 1, 2015 for Fall 2015 semester
Applications received after these deadlines will be reviewed on an individual basis.